1. Analyze how Sweden partially privatized the country’s social security program.
2. Explore both sides of the privatization debate with MarketWatch.
3. Consider the argument that privatization is just a ruse to dismantle social security from Max Richtman, President and CEO of the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare.
4. Consider how you felt about the issue before reading this article. After reading the pros and cons on this topic, has your thinking changed? If so, how? List two to three ways. If your thoughts have not changed, list two to three ways your better understanding of the “other side of the issue” now helps you better argue your position.
5. Push for the position and policies you support by writing US national senators and representatives.